Mission: The Human Capital and Leadership Club (HCAL) offers both educational and career development benefits. HCAL serves the interests of students who are interested in leadership development as it relates to human capital. The organization seeks to educate future business leaders on the importance of human capital as a source of competitive advantage in any given business sector. HCAL provides networking and learning opportunities with human resource professionals and human capital consultants across different industries. Our vision is to build Georgetown’s Human Capital brand so that our school becomes a dominant supplier of HC talent to corporations and non-profits.
HCAL also nurtures the interests of students interested in pursuing careers within human capital by exposing them to career opportunities and industry professionals in this area, and by providing opportunities for those students to apply Human Capital understanding to business problems.
- Internal Awareness and Comprehension of Human Capital Opportunities
- Hands-on events, activities and competitions
- Strategy workshops and case competitions
- External Relations: Partnerships with Human Capital employers
- Career Mentoring/Education: Sample human capital interview questions, webinars
- On-campus Energy & Cleantech conference in September
- Alumni Gala to meet and network with alumni in the energy industry
- Consulting Corps opportunities to get real-life experience in the energy industry
- Attendance at key industry events, including Solar Power, Cleantech Forum, American Wind Energy Association Conference, Congressional hearings, and Department of Energy events